Very easy, minimal time required
- Fresh salmon steaks (as many as required)
- Vegetarian Oyster flavoured sauce
- Light soya sauce
- Vegetarian mushroom sauce
- Pad Thai sauce
- In a frying pan, heat up a little olive oil
- Add the salmon steaks to the pan and sear the salmon on either side for a couple of minutes on high heat
- Reduce the heat down to medium and add a wallop of each of the sauces listed above on to the salmon (you can experiment with however much you like of each. I would advise roughly 3tbsp of soya sauce and 1tbsp of the others, however it depends on indivudal preference.
- Stir the sauces in the pan and allow the salmon to be fully covered in them from all sides. You could of course marinate the salmon in the sauces prior to cooking but I have found that this is equally as flavoursome.
- You can also shred the salmon into small pieces whilst in the pan to make it cook faster and this would be easier to add to a stir fry if desired. Alternatively, leave it on medium heat and cook the full steaks as they are turning each side frequently.
- That’s basically it, a delicious japanese style salmon dish which can be accompanied with rice, vegetables, noodles or as part of a stir fry. Dig in!
If you can’t find all the sauces listed in your local supermarket, try an Oriental supermarket and you’ll be spoiled for choice!
Also, if you want you could still season with a little salt and pepper but I personally don’t feel it is required especially as the soya sauce is already nice and salty
You could also sprinkle a few pieces of spring onion on top for extra flavour
Image taken from krumpli.co.uk/teriyaki-salmon